Sunday, April 20, 2008

Death

November of last year I lost my father. This month my cat "daisy" was attacked and killed by a coyote, and my Jack Russell Terrier was put down due to old age. Two animals in my family die all on the same week. Death has hit our family hard these last few months. It reminds me that life if precious, fleeting and fragile. It reminded me again this morning while at mass an older lady a few pews back was ill...possibly a stroke or heart attack. Some parishioners had to pick her up and take her out of the parish. She was sent to the hospital for further testing. Another reminder of the fragility of life.

Take every day and live every day as if it was your last. Be thankful for what you have, praise your creator...whoever that is for you.... and have faith. Love the lord with all of your heart, with all of your mind, and with all of your soul. Live life to the fullest. Fill the world with your spirit. Show the world your love and be kind and generous, gracious and live with humility. Share your gifts with others so that your joy will be others joy. Giving is more rewarding then receiving. Give of yourself so that other will live with purpose. Serve others with a joyful heart. Service of others will fill you up and give your great joy. Death can bring new light on life. Thank-you for showing me the light on Death Lord

P

No comments: